Each night my back seems to be a bit worse, though hasn’t bothered me rolling over yet. Has been fine after I’m up and moving around, which is good. My ass is sore from yesterday! Out in the garage at 10am.
- 10:00 BikeErg (4,426m)
- Monster Walks
- 20 PVC Passes
- 10 Straight Arm Pull Down (35, 4×50#)
- 10 Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs (80#)
- 10 Behind Neck Lat Pull Downs (80#)
- 10 Close Grip Lat Pull Downs (80#)
This gets so bad. I think the 40 muscle-ups from yesterday really affected those close grip pull downs.
- 10 Seated Cable Row (75#)
- MAX Strict Chin-ups (10-8-6-5)
Why are strict chin-ups so hard after all this stuff?
- 10 Inverted Bar Row
- 10 Seated Bent Over Back Flies (30# DBs)
Haven’t done the bar rows in a long time. I like those.
- 12 Low-Pulley Knee-In w/ pause (20#)
- 12 Plate Crunches w/ pause (45#)
- 5/5 Hip Abducted Evil Wheels
- 50m Sandbag Carry (100#)
I’m going to be feeling this for a few days. I feel like I’ve gotten pretty good with evil wheels, but the hip abduction is a game changer. I used a PVC pipe through a 45# plate, which also adds a lot more instability compared to a barbell with plates.
In the evening I modified an old ab wheel.
Getting pretty sore from yesterday in my ass, chest, shoulders, etc. My left leg is still bothering me too. Workout at 10 for 2.5 hours!
- 10:00 Airdyne (202 cals, 5.05 km)
- 5:00+ Bottom Squat Hold
I haven’t sat in the bottom like that is a very long time. Need to do that more often.
- 12 Lat pulldowns (110#)
- 12/12 Single arm supinated bent over DB row (45#)
- 12 Seated Cable row (75#, 2 sets wide, 2 sets close)
- 12 Incline elbows out db row (30 deg, 25-20-20-25# DBs)
- 12 Cable row to neck (rope, 25#)
- 12/12 Lying side straight arm db raise (10# DB)
- 12 Incline Lat pulldowns (30 deg, 100#)
- Max Strict Chin-ups (7-6-6-5)
- 30s Banded Sprinter Sit-up
- 30/30s Banded Side Plank + Elbow to Knee
- 30s Banded Elevated Mountain Climbers
- 1:20 Rest
We built in a 10 second transition on the clock too for setting up each movement. This would work much better with rep counts instead of using the clock. Something like 30-20/20-30 reps would have been good.
Earned the rest day tomorrow!
Ran 2.09 miles in 17:04. Running an 8 minute per mile pace has become incredibly easy for me due to CrossFit.
- 5 Leg Press
- 1m Rest
- 5 Seated Row
- 1m Rest
For the leg presses I set the machine to 145#, 175#, 190#, 220#, and 250#. I wanted to simulate heavy squats. Probably could have gone heavier throughout, but I had no idea how I’d do on the machine. For the seated rows I had a pretty good idea of my strength there since I used the machine earlier in the week. I went with settings at 100#, 130#, 145#, 160#, and 175#.
I went with a pretty simply workout to finish off my week. 200 Russian Twists with a 30# DB for time. I finished it in 4:21.