Feeling my ass a bit from yesterday’s lunges. I was out in the garage working on a new pull-up bar before Monday. I might redo the board because the right side has some flex to it.
Finally started our workout around 10:30. Doing back day on Saturday this week since tomorrow will be a rest day.
- 10 Straight Arm Pull Down (45#)
- 10 Wide Grip Lat Pull Downs
- 10 Behind Neck Lat Pull Downs
- 10 Close Grip Lat Pull Downs
Nasty super set! I used 60-60-70-80-80#.
- 10 Seated Cable Row (60#)
- 10 Leaning Seated Cable Row (60#)
5 Set Drop Set
- 8 Incline Prone DB Rows (50#)
- 4 Max rep Drop Sets (45-40-35-30#)
The idea here is to hit a heavy set of eight, then decrease the weight and hit a max set until you get in five total sets. I got 12-10-10-16 on my max rep sets.
We skipped ab work since we just did some yesterday and those were some brutal sets today!
In the afternoon I remounted the pull-up bar because one side of the board was flexing too much. It’s solid now!
Getting pretty sore from yesterday in my ass, chest, shoulders, etc. My left leg is still bothering me too. Workout at 10 for 2.5 hours!
- 10:00 Airdyne (202 cals, 5.05 km)
- 5:00+ Bottom Squat Hold
I haven’t sat in the bottom like that is a very long time. Need to do that more often.
- 12 Lat pulldowns (110#)
- 12/12 Single arm supinated bent over DB row (45#)
- 12 Seated Cable row (75#, 2 sets wide, 2 sets close)
- 12 Incline elbows out db row (30 deg, 25-20-20-25# DBs)
- 12 Cable row to neck (rope, 25#)
- 12/12 Lying side straight arm db raise (10# DB)
- 12 Incline Lat pulldowns (30 deg, 100#)
- Max Strict Chin-ups (7-6-6-5)
- 30s Banded Sprinter Sit-up
- 30/30s Banded Side Plank + Elbow to Knee
- 30s Banded Elevated Mountain Climbers
- 1:20 Rest
We built in a 10 second transition on the clock too for setting up each movement. This would work much better with rep counts instead of using the clock. Something like 30-20/20-30 reps would have been good.
Earned the rest day tomorrow!