My legs are fucking sore! Out in the garage during lunch.
Year of the Engine – Rocket Race
- 1:30 Row
- 1:00 Rest
On August 20th I averaged a 1:45.3 pace for this same workoutand the results were not good on the BTWB leaderboard. I think I should be going much faster for this, so my goal today was 1:40-1:41/500m. I did 1:40.8 for 446 meters every round. That’s a 226 total meter improvement from the last time.
Kevin came over around 4pm.
No B.S. Bench Press
- 1×260 (fail 2nd)
Was supposed to do 4×2 @ 265-275#, but that didn’t happen. With all the struggles lately I’ve completely lost all confidence on the bench. I have a long way to go to get 300 this year. Fresh start with this next cycle, so I’m going to try some other things:
- Be more conservative with the weights in the program to keep speed through reps and not struggle so much.
- Lift 2-3 doubles or singles after the working sets each week to get used to heavier weight.
- Accessories on another day to target chest, back, and triceps.
- More protein.
Accessory / Conditioning
- 5 Strict C2B Chin-ups (fat bar)
- 10 Goblet Squats (50#)
- 10 Banded Tricep Push Downs (green band with Fat Gripz)
- 5/5 Single Leg Lateral Step-ups (30”)
I did 3-2 and then all singles with a drop from the top for the chin-ups. Sped up the squats and step-ups over the last 3-4 rounds. Finished in 20:08.