This morning at 9am, our newlywed couple of Casey and Kinde Malott were back in the gym for their first WOD after the wedding. Matt made it a partner WOD pairing up a guy and a gal for each team. I was paired up with Cora and we rocked it!
- Air Squats
- Jumping Jacks
* After each round, power skip 150m.
- 13 Man Makers, Renegade (40# DBs)
- 13 Around the World HR Push-ups (each one is essentially a 4 count with rotations)
- 13 Laps of 150m Weighted Run (45# Plate)
- 13 Over the Box Burpees (24″ – Each partner does 13 and can work at the same time)
- 13 T2B (4 counts, so 52 total)
- 13 Tuck Jumps (4 counts, so 52 total)
Our strategy on the man makers put us behind several teams, but we were able to make up a lot of ground and pass everyone in the runs. About halfway through my over the box burpees, I fucked up. For some reason in my head I thought I would jump up with one foot and have the other foot trail. What a train wreck that turned out to be. I hit the box hard, busted up my leg, jammed a finger and landed on top of the box with my stomach. Ouch! So then I had to do the rest of the box jumps on one leg essentially. My T2B were some of the best I’ve ever done and tuck jumps are easy for me. We finished first with a time of 16:00.
Death by Russian KBS (by 3s, 53# KB)
Got through the round of 33 and then called it a day. That’s 198 swings in 11 minutes. Had about 10 seconds left before the next minute started, but my shoulders were pretty fried and I worked out each day this week. It was time to shut it down. There was also a strength portion doing heavy shrugs, but we had the option of doing the finisher instead.